Monday, August 20, 2007

Flickr interestingness


I've recently discovered Flickr's interestingness algorithm for photos. Wow, there are some really neat pictures out there! Many more hours than I care to admit have already been blissfully spent perusing the fascinating content that Flickr's formula has deemed "interesting". If you haven't already seen it, I highly recommend you get hooked as well!
I've been using a feed I found of Flickr's interesting stuff to automatically change my desktop every couple of hours and populate my screen saver with neat pictures. However, the downside is that what some people might consider artistic can sometimes be a little more risque than I would like to display on my laptop. The solution? I found a blog by a guy called Alaeddin who feels likewise and has made a favorite's feed of Flickr's interestingness and promises to exclude the iffy shots at: http://feeds.feedburner.com/AlaeddinFavPhotos. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

very cool feature! off to check it out!


What is that critter in the last shot?