Saturday, August 04, 2007

Coast Guard celebration

We enjoyed an afternoon of fun and fellowship at Kaylee's place in Grand Haven followed by a splendid evening of fireworks by the lake, courtesy of the US Coast Guard. I might have to say that those were the most impressive fireworks to date that I have seen in person! They are shot off from a hillside across the channel; apparently, this hill has a history of catching fire from all the pyrotechnics! I did see a couple small flames start licking the brush but they were quickly extinguished. What a blast - and it wasn't even the fourth of July!

The gang waiting for the show to start.
This grassy knoll was overrun by slugs!

To pass the time we played scum.
I never made it to king but I was scum - twice...

1 comment:

Jen said...

great pics. and ex-nay (how do you spell that?) on the compliments about the goatee-ay. :P

Mrs. Todd is not impressed with it